VAND invites Academy members in all membership categories, students, and interns, to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the poster session of the 89th Annual Meeting, to be held April 8-10, 2018 in Richmond, VA. Poster presentations will be Monday, April 9, 2018.
The purpose of the poster session is to share project ideas or report research findings for use in dietetics practice. Authors are expected to be present 11:00am to 12:00pm on Monday, April 9th to discuss their work with meeting attendees in an informal setting. More information regarding poster display will be provided at a later date.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically using the VAND Abstract Form on or before February 9, 2018. Abstracts must be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com. Notification of selection to participate in the poster session will be made by February 26, 2018. The following guidelines must be followed for submission of abstracts:
1. Type and Format: Use single-spaced black font no smaller than 10 and no larger than 12. The body of the abstract must be 200 words or less.
2. Title: The title must be capitalized in entirety, must be 12 words or less, and must not include abbreviations or acronyms.
3. Presenter and Co-authors: List first initials, last names, credentials, and places of employment or affiliation (including city and state in which the research or project was completed) for all authors. Do not identify any author names or facilities within the body of the abstract.
4. Learning Outcome:List only one learning outcome or objective for the abstract. The outcome must state specifically what the participant will achieve from reading the poster display.
5. Abstract Text:Proofread submissions carefully. Abstracts with errors or typos may not be considered. No further editing will be allowed once the abstract is submitted. Spell out all abbreviated terms and acronyms at the first mention within the text. Graphs, charts, and tables are not permitted in the abstract.
Rules For Poster Presentations:
- Only projects that have already been completed will be considered.
- No materials for sale will be allowed during the poster session.
- Presentations must be made by at least one but no more than two of the listed authors.
- An individual may be the primary author of only one submitted abstract but may be a co-author of additional submissions. An individual may be a presenter of only one poster during the poster session.
- Abstracts must be original material.
- Presenting authors must register for the VAND Annual Meeting. Single-day and full conference registrations are available.
Please note: Each poster area will consist of one 3 ft. x 6 ft. table. Presenters must provide their own freestanding foam-board, cardboard, or hook-and-loop display board to mount materials.
*Failure to follow instructions will result in abstracts being rejected.
For More Information: Crystal Wynn, PhD, MPH, RD, is the 2018 VAND Poster Session Chair. Questions about the poster session may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-524-6351.