VAND invites Academy members in all membership categories, students, and interns, to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the poster session of the 91st Annual Meeting, to be held March 15-16, 2020 in Virginia Beach, VA. Poster presentations will take place on Monday, March 16th.
The purpose of the poster session is to share project ideas or report research findings for use in dietetics practice. Authors are expected to be present from 11:00am to 12:30pm on Monday, March 16th to discuss their work with meeting attendees in an informal setting. More information regarding poster display will be provided at a later date.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically using the VAND Abstract Form on or before January 31st, 2020. Abstracts must be sent as an email attachment to Keyla.email@example.com. Notification of selection to participate in the poster session will be made mid-February 2020. The following guidelines must be followed for submission of abstracts:
1. Type and Format: Use single-spaced black font no smaller than 10 and no larger than 12. The body of the abstract must be 200 words or less.
2. Title: The title must be capitalized in entirety, must be 12 words or less, and must not include abbreviations or acronyms.
3. Presenter and Co-authors: List first initials, last names, credentials, and places of employment or affiliation (including city and state in which the research or project was completed) for all authors. Do not identify any author names or facilities within the body of the abstract.
4. Learning Outcome:List only one learning outcome or objective for the abstract. The outcome must state specifically what the participant will achieve from reading the poster display.
5. Abstract Text:Proofread submissions carefully. Abstracts with errors or typos may not be considered. No further editing will be allowed once the abstract is submitted. Spell out all abbreviated terms and acronyms at the first mention within the text. Graphs, charts, and tables are not permitted in the abstract.
Rules for Poster Presentations:
- Only projects that have already been completed will be considered.
- No materials for sale will be allowed during the poster session.
- Presentations must be made by at least one but no more than two of the listed authors.
- An individual may be the primary author of only one submitted abstract but may be a co-author of additional submissions. An individual may be a presenter of only one poster during the poster session.
- Abstracts must be original material.
- Presenting authors must register for the VAND Annual Meeting. Conference registration is required in order to be considered for the poster session presentations.
*Failure to follow instructions may result in abstracts being rejected.
For More Information: Keyla Sifre, RD is the 2020 VAND Poster Session Chair. Questions about the poster session may be directed to Keyla.firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-472-7263.