- This event has passed.
Adult NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop
October 20 @ 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Recognize the role of the NFPE in identifying malnutrition
- Assess muscle wasting and fat loss
- Evaluate the presence of edema or fluid accumulation
- Identify clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Measure functional status using hand grip strength dynamometer
- Demonstrate basic NFPE skills on actual patients
Attendees have the opportunity to practice on real patients during rounds with Academy trainers in very small groups (6 participants and 1 trainer).
Attendees earn 10 CPEUs and are also prepared to return to their facility and peer train RDN colleagues who can in turn earn 8 CEUs for $75.
This training workshop is offered by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Click here for more information and to register. Early-bird registration deadline is Friday, September 7, 2018.