RD/Ns and N/DTRs are required to earn CPEs over a 5-year period to maintain credential status. In compliance with the CDR Professional Development Portfolio (PDP):
- RD/N registration includes 75 hours of continuing education every five years
- N/DTR registration includes 50 hours of continuing education every five years
Continuing Professional Education Prior Approval Instructions
The Comission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) has switched to a paperless system for prior approval of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) activities.
All activities and their supporting materials are now submitted directly to the CDR Database by the organization’s contact, and then reviewed by the Virginia affiliate reviewer online. Activity verifications are generated by the CDR CPE Database.
Click the link below to access the Prior Approval CPE Guidelines and the Online CPE Database.
Review Fees: Submit a check payable to the Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for the appropriate review fees.
- There is a $10.00 charge per credit hour reviewed ($5.00 per additional half hour). For example, a 90 minute program would require a $15.00 processing fee.
- If the request is submitted less than four weeks prior to the start date of the program, an expedited review fee of $25 is assessed in addition to the per-credit hour review fee.
- Program applications will not be approved until payment of review fee is received.
- Mail check to: Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, PO Box 7061, Fairfax, VA 22039, or contact the VAND Executive Director if you would like to pay by credit card
If you have any questions, please contact VAND at email@example.com or call (703) 815-8293.
To view our upcoming CPE offerings and events, visit our Events Calendar.