Be prepared when communicating with your state and local legislators. Use the tools below to prepare yourself and make visits to your legislators both enjoyable, and effective.
- How to Engage Your Member of Congress
- AND Grassroots Advocacy Guidebook
- VAND Profile
- View the “Be an Advocate!” tutorial from Connie Diekman, MEd, RD, LD, FADA, Past President of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
If you would like to join VAND’s Public Policy team, or to notify VAND about an experience you’ve had communicating with your legislator(s), send an email to email@example.com.
Federal Legislation Educational Resources
Click here to learn about federal advocacy efforts of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, including:
- Take Action
- Legislation and Public Policy Issues
- Public Policy 101
- Political Action Committee