Welcome Virginia Dietitians and Technicians to a wonderful new year where we are celebrating an amazing 100 years with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics!
The VAND Board is getting ready to start planning the 2017-2018 year and we always welcome your thoughts and comments. Please email any of the VAND Board Members, as we are here to represent and support you.
Information to Know:
- The Academy has a FREE toolkit for Academy Members to download on Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity: Putting It into Practice Successfully.
- Accessing the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ iOS and Andriod apps just got easier. Academy members can access the Journal app using their Academy website credentials in just two easy steps:
- Download the free app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search for “JAND”.
- Log in to the app using the same credentials you use to log in to www.eatright.org. For more information, see our mobile access instructions.
- You can support the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation (ANDF) when making purchases on Amazon at no additional cost. Simply shop through AmazonSmile and enjoy the same low prices and convenient shopping experiences on Amazon.com, but Amazon will donate a portion (0.5%) of your purchase to the Foundation.
- The Virginia Food Access Network (VFAN) was launched by Dorothy McAuliffe, First Lady of Virginia, on May 31st, and you can join the network to help end childhood hunger and support the local food system in Virginia.
- VAND has a new mailing address:
Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
P.O. Box 7061
Fairfax, VA 22039
Health and Happiness,
Crista Galvin-Cox, MS, RD, FAND
VAND President, 2017-2018