This year is moving right along and we now have the opportunity to vote for the 2018-19 Academy and VAND open positiions.
- Academy Elections – February 1st – 15th – Click here to vote in the Academy elections. As part of “Project Vote”, each state has been grouped by membership size into four categories. The state with the highest percentage of voters in each category will receive a free registration to FNCE® 2018 in Washington, D.C.
- VAND Elections – February 1st – March 2nd – Click here to login as a member and cast your ballot, to participate in electing your local leaders!
Other Items to Note:
- February 27th – Obesity Care Advocacy Day and Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill – The Academy’s first quarterly advocacy day is scheduled with a focus on obesity. As always, our participation and support are key since we are so close to Washington, D.C. More information is below. If you need additional information, please contact Lesley McPhatter, VAND Public Policy Coordinator. Lesley will be attending and looks forward to seeing many of you there! It’s a rewarding way to be the face of Public Policy for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and network with other professionals focused on Obesity Management!
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in conjunction with Obesity Care Advocacy Network (OCAN) leaders will host the second annual Obesity Care Network Advocacy Day on February 27th. Participants will attend meetings with Capitol Hill offices between 9:00am – 3:30pm, and a lunch briefing at noon. The day’s events will conclude with an ANDPAC and ObesityPAC reception from 4:30 – 6:00pm to honor legislators who have championed efforts to promote patient access to, and coverage of, obesity treatment services. Register today and join us! Once you have registered, please complete the following form.
- Registration NOW OPEN for the VAND 89th Annual Meeting – “Exceeding the Vision” – Check out the VAND 89th Annual Meeting website to view the program agenda, speakers, CPEUs, and more. Register today while “Early Registration” rates apply!
- Call for Poster Session Presentations – VAND invites Academy members in all membership categories, students, and interns, to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the poster session of the VAND 89th Annual Meeting. Click here to view the Poster Session Abstract Guidelines, and download the VAND Abstract Form. Abstracts must be received by February 9, 2018 to be considered.
Hope to see you at Legislative Day in Richmond on February 21st! Have a wonderful February and Happy Valentine’s Day.
Crista Galvin-Cox, MS, RD, FAND
VAND President, 2017-2018