Welcome Fall and FNCE! Looking forward to seeing many of you in Chicago for the Academy’s 100th Anniversary.
I would like to update you on the following:
- Dinner at FNCE for VAND Members – We have planned a dinner get-together for VAND members attending FNCE in Chicago. Dinner will be held Saturday, October 21 at 7:00pm at Beatrix River North restaurant. Everyone must bring cash to pay for your meal as the restaurant can only accomodate one bill. RSVP is required to attend. Please RSVP by 5:00pm on Friday, September 13 to Jillian Davis, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
- VAND Officer Nominations – We are currently accepting nominations, including self-nominations, for the 2018-19 Program Year. Open positions include President-Elect (you must have served on the VAND Board to be considered), Treasurer-Elect, and Delegate-Elect (you do not have to have previous Board experience for these positions). Please contact Carlene Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a nomination.
- Nominations for the 2018-19 AND Election – Nominations are also being accepted for open positions on the 2018-19 Academy ballot. The AND Nominating Committee is looking for individuals with proven leadership skills and vision to further the profession. Nominations for President-Elect, Speaker-Elect, and Treasurer-Elect closed September 1, 2017. All other nominations are due by October 25, 2017. Please visit www.eatrightPRO.org/elections to view the positions available and access the nomination form.
- 2018 VAND Annual Awards – We are also seeking nominations for the 2018 VAND Annual Awards. Please see the following links to view Award descriptions and access the online nomination form. You will have to login to the VAND Members Only section.
- Academy’s Heart Failure (HF) Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines – 2017 HF Guidelines are available with recommendations on medical nutrition therapy, energy and protein intake, physical activity, sodium and fluid intake, and more are available. Members and subscribers, please login to the Evidence Analysis Library (EAL) to access the content; nonmembers can purchase a subscription.
Have a wonderful October and see you at FNCE!
Crista Galvin-Cox, MS, RD, FAND
VAND President, 2017-2018