The Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (VAND) invites students, interns, and Academy members in all membership categories to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the poster session of the 92nd Annual Meeting, to be held virtually April 25-26, 2021.
Poster presentations will take place on Sunday, April 25, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
The purpose of the poster session is to share projects, case studies, and research findings applicable to dietetics practice. Given the virtual format of the conference, poster presentations will be electronic. More information regarding the poster session format and presentation guidelines will be provided well in advance.
All abstracts must be submitted using the VAND Abstract Form on or before Monday, March 1, 2021.
Notification of selection to participate in the poster session will be made on or before March 10, 2021 (prior to the early bird conference registration deadline).
Abstract submissions must meet the following guidelines:
1. Title: The title must be capitalized in entirety, must be 15 words or less, and must not include abbreviations or acronyms.
2. Presenter and Co-authors: List first initials, last names, credentials, and places of employment or affiliation (including city and state in which the research or project was completed) for all authors.
3. Format and Length: Authors should submit an unstructured abstract, written in paragraph form, that includes the purpose and description of the study or project, key findings, and a summary or conclusion statement. The body of the abstract must be 250 words or less. Author or facility names should not be identified within the body of the abstract.
4. Learning Outcome: List only one learning outcome or objective for the proposed poster presentation. The outcome must state specifically what conference participants will achieve from the presentation.
5. Abstract Text: Proofread submissions carefully. Abstracts with errors or typos may not be considered. No further editing will be allowed once the abstract is submitted. Spell out all abbreviated terms and acronyms at the first mention within the text. Graphs, charts, and tables are not permitted in
Rules for Poster Session Presentations:
1. Only projects that have already been completed will be considered.
2. Presentations may not include any type of advertising, marketing, or sales pitch.
3. Presentations must be made by one of the listed authors. Only one author may present.
4. An individual may be the primary author of only one submitted abstract but may be a co-author of additional submissions. An individual may be a presenter of only one poster during the poster session.
5. Abstracts must be original material.
6. Presenting authors must register for the VAND Annual Meeting. Authors will be notified of their selection prior to the early bird registration deadline. Financial aid will be available for presenting authors upon request.
For More Information: Amy LaFalce, MS, RD, is the 2021 VAND Poster Session Chair. Questions about abstract submissions or poster presentations may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.