The Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (VAND) is a professional, not-for-profit organization of food and nutrition experts affiliated with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Nearly 1600 members serve the citizens of our Commonwealth through the promotion of optimal nutrition, health and well-being. We support the pairing of good nutrition with food that tastes good to promote lifelong eating habits that bring pleasure and wellness to our tables and lives. VAND is managed by a Board of Directors with 12 voting members and our membership consists of Registered Dietitians (RDs), Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) and students from five local districts statewide.
Mission: Empower members to be Virginia’s food and nutrition leaders.
Vision: Optimize the health of Virginians through food and nutrition expertise.
Where We Practice:
- Hospitals, HMOs, Long Term Care settings and other health care facilities as integral members of the health care team in the provision of Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Sports Nutrition and Corporate Wellness Programs; educating clients about the association of food, fitness and health
- Government and Food and Nutrition Related Industries; working in research, public relations, marketing and product development
- Private Practice and Consultation; providing education and services to consumers, health care facilities and food companies
- Schools, Community and Public Health Settings; advocating healthy eating habits and sound policy to improve the quality of life
- Colleges, Universities and Medical Centers as educators of students, interns and allied health professionals.
- Preventing and reducing overweight and obesity in all age groups, with a focus on school and community programs.
- Supporting a Sustainable Food System in Virginia through promoting locally produced foods in order to protect the environment, supporting the economy of Virginia’s localities and the endangered family farm, and increasing the consumption of fresh, high-quality foods, especially fruits and vegetables.
- Improving health outcomes through medical nutrition therapy for persons of all ages.
P.O. Box 794, Crozet, VA 22932
703-815-8293 (Phone, text & Fax)
Follow us on Like us on